1. “Give your opinion (450-500 words) whether the government should impose tax on the birth of every newborn baby in order to control population. Support you opinion with reasons and arguments.”
2. Write a biographical essay (450-500 words) about any person. A biographical essay tells about the life, achievements and major events of a person’s life. It may be too difficult to tell the story of someone’s entire life. So you may focus on just a few important and interesting events of a person’s life. You may talk about a person’s personal life or professional life or both. Again, you may take a positive, negative or a neutral position about the person you are writing about.
3. Write an expository essay (450-500 words) on a place that you like or you have recently visited. Tell why you like the place and why you think it is so special.
4. Write a persuasive essay (450-500 words) in order to show your readers why you think ‘war settles nothing/fear kills before venom/experience teaches wisdom/Adversity is the best teacher’. Support your point of view with examples from history or any other area which you think will persuade your readers to accept your point of view.
5. Analyze the reasons (450-500 words) why a person should or should not have more than one wife. Make your argument in a logical way so as to show you have thought well in making your analysis.
“Experience is the best teacher” is an old saying, but I agree with that. Although some people think that best way to learn about life is by listening to our elders and friends, I believe that people learn the best by their experiences. Learning by our own experiences is long lasting and provides better learning. Most of all, learning by our own experiences help people to become more mature and ready to tackle difficulties of life.
First of all, chapters we learn through our own experiences are long lasting. We remember those lessons for long time and always remember not to repeat them...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document