CAVENDISH UNIVERSITY UGANDA
AKANKWASA JOHNSON ( 077/0702-978405)
MR. MENYA SHAKIR
INFORMATION SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY
Discuss the factors you would consider while buying a computer. 2.
How has information networks solved the problems of an organization? GUIDE TO STUDENTS
Maximum 2 pages word processed excluding cover and reference pages. 2.
Use Times New Roman
Font Size should be 12
1.5 Line Spacing
For referencing purposes, use the Harvard Author-Date System.
Instructions to Students
This form must be attached to the front of your assignment. 2.
The assignment must be handed in without fail by the due date.
QUESTION.1: Discuss factors you would consider while buying a computer.
According to Prof. More Manojkumar, (2009), various factors that would be considered when buying computers are discussed here bellow; 1. Processor Speed: A computer is a very fast device which can perform the amount of work that a human being can do in an entire year in few seconds. This therefore means that a good powerful computer should be capable of performing several billion arithmetic operations per second. The speed of a computer measure is in microseconds (10-6), Nanoseconds (10-9) and picoseconds (10-12).
2. Accuracy: The accuracy of a computer is principally highly considered; and the degree of accuracy of a particular computer depends upon its design however Errors can occur in a computer due to human rather than technological weaknesses.
3. Memory (Power of Remembering): A good Computer should have sound brain (Fast memory, 2 GB+) but unlike human (Man) beings. A computer can store data and information and recalled as long as one requires it for any numbers of years because of its...
References: 1. http://www.ehow.com/list_6748808_advantages-computer_based-information-systems.html#ixzz2Bu35Ixvk
2. Ronald Golooba, (2012); Lecture Notes for year one students a cohort 15, Cavendish University Uganda.
3. en.kioskea.net/contents/pc/ordinateur-portable.php3 - Cached.
4. Prof. More Manojkumar, (2009), Characteristics of computer systems.
5. wiki.answers.com › ... › Operating Systems - Cached
Please join StudyMode to read the full document